Left, right, or center. Blue, red, or green. Whatever your flavor, it’s your right to decide the direction of your community, state and country. The first step is to check your voter registration status so you can actually vote.
To help, our friends at Vote.org have this nifty tool. Best part? It takes only 30 seconds.
- be a citizen of the United States;
- be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days immediately before the election in which you want to vote;
- be at least 18 years old on or before the day of the next general election day (if you will be 18 on or before the day of the general election, you may vote in the primary election for candidates only, but you cannot vote on issues or party central committees until you are 18);
- not be incarcerated (in jail or in prison) for a felony conviction;
- not be found incompetent by a court for purposes of voting by a probate court;
- not be permanently disenfranchised for violations of election laws.