The Toledo and Findlay Race for the Cure events have gone VIRTUAL for 2020!
While the pandemic has cancelled many important moments in our lives, our mission to end breast cancer isn’t cancelled, and neither are our Findlay and Toledo Races!
We’re inviting you to #RaceWhereYouAre, because the women and men facing breast cancer need our support now, as much as ever. Whether it’s emotional support via our helpline, financial support through our treatment assistance program, or help navigating their care journey, we must be there for them.
Here’s what to expect at this year’s event:
- #RaceWhereYouAre! We will not be gathering at Blanchard Valley Hospital in Findlay nor in Downtown Toledo this year. Instead, we encourage you to walk in your neighborhood, local park, or wherever else you’re able to socially distance with your family, friends, and team members.
- In early August we will have an updated mobile app that will allow you to track your steps, post pictures directly to social media, earn badges, download social media filters, and so much more. If you haven’t already, be sure to download the app today.
- Each week, starting Fall 2020 we will launch a new theme in our Facebook group “2020 Virtual Toledo and Findlay Race for the Cure” with fun ways to engage and share daily. Share photos and videos online using hashtag #Race419theCure and #RaceWhereYouAre.
- Get your steps in! You can take your steps a little at a time, or all at once on event day. (One mile = 1,500-2,000 steps depending on your stride).
- Remember to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, so you can connect with others who share your passion to take action against breast cancer. Make sure to tag @komennwohio and @WTOL and use the hashtags: #RaceWhereYouAre and #Race419theCure
- And on what would have been our Toledo Race day, Sunday, Sept. 27, grab some coffee and tune into WTOL 11 on your TV or online via our live stream. You’ll be able to connect with your Komen family online and on WTOL for a day of inspiration. Trust us, you won’t want to miss this interactive and moving time for all participants.
Here are the registration details:
- Registration fees. Registration is $30 for Adults and Survivors/Those Living with Metastatic Disease and $20 for Youths (18 years old and younger). Anyone already registered for either 2020 Race will be automatically registered for the 2020 Toledo and Findlay Virtual Race for the Cure events.
- Registered participants will receive: A commemorative 2020 Findlay or Toledo Virtual Race for the Cure T-Shirt, virtual fundraising tips, a gift sheet with gifts from community partners valued at more than $30, a free Komen Northwest Ohio gift (while supplies last), and downloadable Race materials like bibs, window signs, yard signs, and more. New: participants now have the ability to opt out of receiving a T-shirt.
- Breast cancer survivors and those living with metastatic disease will additionally receive a pink feather boa and customized Race Materials.
- Race Packets (which include T-shirts) may be mailed for $8 per packet. Packets may be collected for free at drive-up pickup locations in September. Locations and dates TBD.
No one should face breast cancer alone. Whether you race for a friend who is newly-diagnosed, a co-worker living with this disease or in memory of a loved one, or yourself, we’re stronger when we walk together – even when we’re apart.
That’s why your support is so important. This year join our passionate Findlay and Toledo Race for the Cure communities in an experience that connects you with people – no matter where we are — who share our drive for ending breast cancer